Wednesday, April 16, 2008

who is she.

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: 
   "Come out of her, my people, 
      so that you will not share in her sins, 
      so that you will not receive any of her plagues; 
 for her sins are piled up to heaven, 
      and God has remembered her crimes. 
 Give back to her as she has given; 
      pay her back double for what she has done. 
      Mix her a double portion from her own cup. 
 Give her as much torture and grief 
      as the glory and luxury she gave herself. 
   In her heart she boasts, 
      'I sit as queen; I am not a widow, 
      and I will never mourn.' 
 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: 
      death, mourning and famine. 
   She will be consumed by fire, 
      for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

No comments: